Saturday, October 10, 2009

General Conference

I admit, although I was dreading the day of moving out to Utah, I've had some pretty amazing opportunities here. So far, the greatest one has been attending General Conference in Salt Lake City. To hear the prophets and apostles' words in person truly is an amazing experience.I went to the Sunday morning session with Nikki and our friends Tommy and Joel. We had AMAZING seats. We were about 11 rows back from the front in the center section. Thanks President Stokes for the great tickets! :) Joel, Nikki, Me, TommyThere were so many protesters! Not that I was suprised. We all actually found them kinda funny. I dont understand why people get so worked up about things they don't understand. Anyway, Joel had an especially good time with them. There was one group of protesters where there were a bunch of women dressed in pioneer clothes, each holding a sign with a name of one of Joseph Smith's wives. The man that was with them was shouting out facts like, "Fourteen year old girls were forced to marry your prophet Joseph Smith!" Joel said to him, "I have a sister who is 14." The protester then asked him, "How would you feel if she married Joseph Smith?" Joel replied, "That would be great! Joseph Smith was a pretty good guy!" Haha I'm not so sure that man got the right impression from his response.
I was very lucky to go to the Sunday afternoon session! My friend Jessica (on the right) invited me last minute because she had an extra ticket. Since I was already in Salt Lake i just stayed. I'm so glad I did because otherwise I would have missed Elder Holland's talk, which was my favorite. Anyway, after conference I went with Elysse (on the left) to her sister's house for my first home cooked meal in weeks! It was so good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment